Yeeeeeeoowwwwwww!
Jay and I went to Wendover this last weekend.........to go see Styx! If you dont know who that band is, pull your head out!!! Its a very famous rock band from the 70's! They sing the song "Sail Away" and "Lady"(from the Underdog movie). And other songs like "Crystal ball" and many, many more.
They rocked so hard my ears were ringing 5 minutes into the show!
I am now in love with Tommy Shaw, one of the band members. I dont care if he's in his 50's and like a foot shorter than me! He's awesome!
K K K, the show was a blast! They have a keyboard player, Mr. Lawrence, who has one of those sweet rocker mullets and a keyboard that swivels around so he can dance around the stage and turn the piano thingy around in circles! It was rad! He, this semi-old rocker, from the 70's who hit it big before I was even born could pull off......get this people........a satin shirt, a pair of the tightest pants I have ever seen, and boots that had the toes curled up into this awesome silhouette of elfishness fashion! He was cool!
Styx is old, yes. But sooo sweet!
Tommy Shaw. Tommy Shaw.
Seems to me like Tommy Shaw is the leader of this little group. Hes a tiny little man with long blonde hair, a blonde goatee, and a wicked passion for his craft! This guy actually used more than one guitar per song. He had like 7 guitars, mostly vintage beautiful stuff. Gibson, I think.
You know what I think? I love the old stuff because the rock songs today are CRAP!!! Wheres the harmonies? Where are the actual bass lines? Do they even have lyrics that make sense?.....NO. N-O! ..........Styx, however, does.
Sweet, tight harmonies. A drummer that seriously broke a drum head. Tight pants running around the stage like crazy people. Guitars screaming over the harmonies of words that have come from someones soul. This is the best kind of music.....for me. The stuff I love the most!
People, go out and listen to some classic rock. Or something with a little substance. And if you get the chance to see a REAL ROCK BAND perform, by all means, do it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment