Well, I was going to tell a story tonight about my rambuncious teenage past but a patient just cheesed me off!!!
I will tell the awesome story another night. But for now I will vent and rant about this lady until I feel better.
This lady has been here a few times in the year I have worked up here. She is what we call a frequent flyer. She's like 5 foot 2 and about 450 pounds. She has major problems with her legs and feet.....she also lives with her cats if that tells you anything. So shes a pain in the butt to move around!!! It takes 3 of us to move her!
uhhhhhh shes also way tooooo educated(supposedly) about this hospital stuff. Ok, she fell asleep almost falling off the bed but instructed us in a very rude way not to wake her up. So i didnt. She wasnt going to fall out of bed either, she was fine, just askew. She didnt have any of her monitors on when she fell asleep but she is completely stable and didnt need them. So she didnt get woken up just to put a clip on her finger.
BAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!! She blew up about 3 hours later. She, lets call her Fanny(haaaaaa lol), wanted to know why she didnt have any monitors on. Uhhhhhhh derrr uhhh I dunno, cuz yer stable. Us dumb folk that run this here treatin place dont know any better. I guess you do though.
Hello Fanny! Who has spent the last 7 years of her life dedicating her time and energy to GIVING to people like you? I have spent alot of time and money on my education not to mention pain staking hours at work and sacrifice for your well being! I have been trained, upon trained, upon trained, to do what I do. Not to mention the nurses who have even more specialized training, which I am acquiring right now, to help your sorry butt. I know you didnt go to college, because you told me. I know you dont have any formal training,because you told me. So who do you think is better qualified to decide whether you should have a monitor on your finger?
The nurse! who is the person I am working under.
Fanny, why are you like this? Why do you feel the need to cut everyone down and try to make everyone feel stupid and threaten us with our jobs? Youre not giving me any reason to be compassionate towards you, but I am. You dont give any thanks or accolades but I respond to you in a loving manner anyway.
I'm not mad anymore. Just needed to vent I guess. But Fanny, if you ever find it in your heart to give a thanks to the staff that is working hard to keep you healthy and ALIVE do it. I dont need to hear it or even know that its somewhere inside you. I am aware that this is a thankless job. I signed up for it, I'll deal with it.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

She's probably bitter that she even needs any type of help to live. Everyone wants to feel like they can take care of themselves, so if she has the voice to act like she knows better then she'll do it. I have another friend who is a CNA at a retirement home and comes across the same problems with those who can't accept. I hope things go better for you!
ReplyDelete