After reading and deciding to follow blogs (I stole the links from Criste, thanks honey!!!) I should make a 2008 review. Like everyone else:)
2008 for my little clan is as follows:
January
We met Amber for the first time and decided we would keep her......and make Tom marry her so we can teach her in the ways of webster-ness ;) I started my first semester of school....again. Moved up to the med/surg floor of the hospital. I had my very first "real" haircut and chopped 3 feet of hair off my head. AHHHH it was a shock! But I loved it! What a cleansing that was!
February
Jay and I decided we needed a MUCH needed vacaaaa, so we planned on the spur of the moment, a little trip to Ogden. I got flowers for Valentines day(beautiful roses). And the kids grew a little more...
March
Dont remember much of March. We took my little sister, Ashley, to dinner for her birthday.
April
It was Gage's birthday this month. We took him to the Mayan and had a little party at my moms house, where Gage cut his giant cupcake cake with a ninja turtle sword. Sooo funny! I also had a nervous breakdown about school......well kinda, just stressed to the maxxx! Jay got his CNA. It was moms b-day too.
May
I passed all my classes with passing grades.....
June
June is my favorite month. Jays birthday was this month. We had a full week that week. Carolin and her family came up from New Harmony to see my cousin Ryan off to basic training. We had a big family dinner at Tepan Yaki, that was really fun! I caught a shrimp in my mouth! But it was sad to see how hard it was for everyone to see Ryan go away to the army.
On Jays b-day we had BBQ at our house. It was a good time. We also went to Westfest at the end of the month. Its one of my favorite family traditions. I love to see how excited the kids get when they see the fireworks at night. I just love how Gage gets so excited about everything. What a joy it is for me just to see the sheer/pure excitement of my children.
July
Dads b-day was this month. The 4th is always fun.....I ended up working and wasnt happy about it.
August
MacKelty had her first birthday this month. She got her ears pierced and got her very own strawberry cake. Summer vacay is over, back to school for me.
September
Nothing exciting this month. Wait a sec! Jay started working for IHC. Thats been such a blessing for our family.
October
We had much fun on Halloween!!! Jay unfortunately, had to work. My parents dressed up as scarecrows, MacKelty was a bumble bee!!! Gage was Aniken Skywalker, and I guess Jay and I were CNAs.....we both just had scrubs on....boo! I suck!
November
I had a hissy fit on my birthday. Sorry Jay, I love you. Thanksgiving was at my house!!! I made a turkey, with Jays help. Didnt know I needed a meat thermometer.....so it turned out dry:(
December
Andrea visited. X-mas was fantastic!!!
So it was a pretty great year! Geez it goes soooo fast. My babies are growing up. tear..... But what an amazing thing to behold. To have the blessing of watching my own children grow will far surpass anything worldly.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You took a mini vacay to Ogden?! Oi, no offense cause we all have our opinions.. but Ogden is like ghetto-ville to me. LOL. I lived there as a child for 4 years and again for 6 months when I was 20 and that was enough for me. I applaud your bravery. Although they do have a very nice park on 12th st and that totally awesome dinosaur museum. I love the canyons that you have to drive through Ogden to get to as well.. and the Ogden city cemetary is probably the most beautiful one I've seen so far. LOL
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your happy year. :D
yup to ogden.....its a special place to jay and i. he lived there when we were dating, so i guess its full of god times to us. its a good place for a mini vacay...cuz its cheap:)
ReplyDelete