Hello blog groupies!!!
I had an experience the other day with Jay. I have started to notice that my appearance is meaning less and less now-a-days. Not my idea of being skinny 'cause that will always be in the forefront of my mind, but my clothes. They just dont mean any much as they did a while ago.
I asked Jay how I looked because I was feeling soooooo FAT!!! I had a new shirt on that was a little tighter than usual and I was uncomfortable. I thought I looked "icky".
This is how it went:
me- "Do I look ok?"
Jay- "you look fine"
me- "have you noticed that I'm looking more and more like a mormon mommy lately?"
Jay- "Yup.....(long pause) I think you pull it off well."
me- "really?"
Jay- "yeah I like it."
me- "hmmm"...."ok"
Was that a compliment? Ok, awesome. Jay likes what I'm becoming. Wow! A compliment on my appearance. Those are few and far between. Other than the frequent "you look fine".
Wait a second!.............am I becoming soccer mom with the cardigan tied around her waist and the calvin klein jeans? Frick no!!! I did contemplate buying a minivan at one point but bought a huge SUV thats sittin' on 22's!!! Booyaaa!
I guess I have succumbed to the mommy-ness...............but I like it!!
I'm doing mommy-ness with a spin!!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

this is so up beat and positive...wonderful to hear from you! you are such an amazing person and i hope you see yourself that way too!
ReplyDeletei am sure you are just as cute as always, whether or not it is the Mormon-mommy look.
p.s. your vehicle sounds awesome!