I think I'm really awesome. This is another voluntary simplicity thing. Since its been raining so much lately I thought I would get a rain barrell to catch water, to water my plants with.
I was so excited that its been raining so much lately that I would be able to water my plants with "free" water. Plants dont need clean water like people do. Rain will do.....unless its acid rain....
My sister is like a teenager and she thinks I'm lame for being excited about getting a rain barrell. Well..... I. Am. Awesome.....case in point.
Whats wrong with having a rain barrell? No ones going to use the rain. Its "free" water falling from the sky. Its not going to hurt anything if I take a little bit of rain to save for an un-rainy day. The plants will love it! I am quite sure my plants are going to love the un-chlorinated/treated culinary water from the sky. What plant wouldnt? If I were a plant I would rejoice with my stalks raised to the heavens for the "natural" water my gardener had saved for me from the previous rain storms. I would then bear gigantic fruit in thanks for saving the "free" water for me.
See..... a rain barrell is a good thing. Ok enough with the silly. A rain barrell is actually an old idea that the "green people" use frequently. Alot of people use rain for their crops. There are real rain barrell devices that you can buy online and in some "granola"- type stores.
I was so excited for the hideous(I hate driving in the rain!!!)rain storm today that I made Jay get a toy tub from the garage so we could catch the rain as it was coming off the roof. Can you believe that we got 20 gallons of water in about an hour and a half just from the runoff from our roof?!!! Yipee!!! I will be able to water my veggie patch for quite a while for freeeeeee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with you!
ReplyDelete