Tuesday, June 23, 2009

weekend update!!!.......no, not like snl

Well lets see.......
What did I do the past week? I did a bunch of nothing for the most part.

-Went to moms because the kids and I always go to moms. We practically live there.
-found a killer deal on a patio set at Walmart!!! Woot! also did a bit of gardening
-Gage had a sleepover at grandma's where he went to a movie!
-went shopping for crafty things with mom
-waited for Ash to get home from chaperoning youth conference...I was excited to hear if she had fun.....I'm so lame
-picked cherries at moms
-went to church on fathers day and then ate some Pozole(mexican soup)
-did nothing yesterday....made jay rip the vanity out of the hall bathroom, we are now in demo mode! Yaaaargggghhhh! Lets rip those walls down!!!

As you can see, my friends, I'm pretty borring and lame. Add yelling at Gage to not pee on the toilet seat,changing diapers,doing baby excercise to get keltys legs strong, and the occassional out to eat and there you have it. My life.
Its actually pretty fun....to me. Who knew? Kids and diapers are fun? You betcha.

There is a point to all of this. I never thought I would ever be in this position. I always hated babysitting and getting my hands dirty. Now I'm lucky if I can find a clean shirt in the morning. I was always the girl that wanted to have a career and be successful with MAYBE 2 children. I wanted to live in the city and be "uptown".
I digress. I love not ever being clean. Kids are very dirty creatures! And I have a slow pace of life that I enjoy. Raising "creatures" (my nickname for the kids) is ever so rewarding! Now I understand why my mother was content just watching me and Ash do something. Its because Im tired.......and because these kids are amazing little things. Who knew living almost the complete opposite of my 17 year old idea of life would be so awesome.
Mommy-ness is the epitome of content.

No comments:

Post a Comment