Sunday, March 8, 2009

creeeeek, creeeeek, bang!!

Last night was the first night in our new house. Even with my major meltdown the other day and the stress of paying for everything the house needs I think I did quite well...... I slept all night anyway.

So the screen door/storm door slams shut and flings itself open with the slightest gust of wind. Its kinda creepy. It sounds like someone has opened the door to come in the house. But all in all, it wasnt too bad. Jay fell asleep on the floor next to me.....well, next to the couch where I was perched and quite comfy....until my hip started aching from the stupid bar from my moms couch that I slept on earlier in the day.

Jay made his way to the bed sometime durring the night. I stayed on the couch until 7. I stayed on the couch because I was on call for work and didnt want to get into too deep of a sleep and miss the call to come in. So it didnt make for a restful night.....especially with the door slamming constantly. I wonder if the neighbors can hear it banging?

The other thing we noticed about the house was that the icky black sticky subfloor in the master bedroom is grosss! And making black marks on the carpet in the hallway. ICK! I guess we'll get the carpets cleaned again....maybe we shouldnt have pulled up the dingy carpet tiles.....but still! Old people have accidents when they stand up from bed and I'm quite sure there was a hospital bed in there...hence the weird tiling job. I just didnt want to have some ugly microbes making their way into anyone.

so the first night was ....ok.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that half sleeping state. The sleep does you no good, but when awake all you think about it sleep. Gah!
    Any strange noises going on I attribue to a ghost. And sometimes when I'm home alone I start talking to the noises as if it really was a ghost. Oi! I really do need sleep. :D

    ReplyDelete