Sunday, July 19, 2009

Life of a college mommy

I plan on taking 12 credits or more a semester without skipping summer for the next 3 years. Crazy?....Yes!
I've wasted too much time. Thanks to the hubbs(jay) I have found an answer. I'm not going to say what my major is because I have changed it so many times I look like a fool. No more wishy washy. No more back and forth.
Here I come! Salt Lake Community College watchout! I am actually going to graduate from your institution and go on to Weber State! Let it be known! I am going to get this done if it kills me! And it most likely will after 2 of the 5 semesters of self torture.

So, this is what its like to be a college mommy.... I am lucky Gage is in school now(one of my saving graces). Because I can go to school while he goes to school. Although that puts me in a little bit of a bind with time restraints.

Childcare: Kelty is going to the daycare while I go to class and Gage is at school. Hope she'll be ok there. She has to be. Plain and simple. I cant coddle my children to the point of being unsocialized. Its hard for me to leave the kids with anyone other than my immediate family. I guess I'm crazy. Then theres the point of paying for it. Still have to have a job to pay for all of this. I'm putting Kelty in the childcare because it will be good for her to be around kids so she can see where she's lacking and behind. Some kind of "peer motivation" thing for brain injured toddlers to learn. Plus, my mom gives me crap when she has watch them more than twice a week. I totally get that. I dont want to burden anyone.

Courses: Honestly, these particular classes are interesting for me so they usually wont be hard. Whenever I'm interested in something it doesnt seem like so much work to learn. Just alot of time. So, go to school from 9am to 1pm. Not that long, but have to keep in mind Kelty and every hour she's in childcare its costing precious moolah! And I dont want her to be reared by daycare teachers. Go to school, go home, study. LOTS of time spent away from the children.

Job: have to have a job to pay for childcare so i can go to school. Have to have a job to pay for books. Have to stay employed to pay for all of this tuition. Hope I can get some good financial aid!

Grades: have to get good grades to get my rich aunts money. She has a deal with the college students that if we can go 12 credits or more and stay above a 2.5 gpa she'll give us $300 a semester. That would help out ALOT!

Home: study. Try to be a mother and study. Do more for Jay so he can continue to work like a dog to support my happiness. Study. Change diaper. Study. Learn letters with Gage and ......study. Find time to sleep because I will continue to work graveyards while doing all of this. And study some more.

Its only going to be 3 days a week so it really wont be that bad. Just wish I could have been smarter and went to college when I was supposed to.

2 comments: