Friday, January 23, 2009

work is work is work!

Hello to ya'll!!

Work is work. Hmmm, hard concept to grasp. No matter what I do I dont like it. The thought of being a stay at home mom is becoming ever increasingly tantalizing to me. No, no, no, its not that I cant take the work load, if anyone knows how I am I would get borred and go postal. Its just the fact that I would like to be with my family for once. I would like to see my husband more than a handful of days every month. I would like to be able to sleep a normal schedule and not feel exhausted all the time from lack of sleep. I would like to be able to take the time needed to get the housework done that desperately needs doing. And most of all I would like to be awake to see my kids and play with them. My poor children sit in the living room with me while I continuously nod away every morning until 10 or 11. The grave yards are reaking havoc on my body! Thank heaven for Nickelodeon and Noggin!!!

Ya know, kids are kids just once. I want to be conscious through their chilhood. I have tried to work the budget so many ways so I could stay home with my family but its just not possible right now. We just put an offer in to buy a house, so that will be even more money that isnt letting me stay home.

I dont think that its all work thats keeping me away from my family. I work full time, a funky schedule though, I work from 6pm to 6am/6 days in a row then 8 days off. It takes me all 8 days to recooperate. Then its right back to work. But thrown in the middle of all that is school. I cant get anything done anymore. Am I going crazy? I think the time of year is a bad time for me.......super stressed about anything and everything.

The point is that I just want to be able to sleep at night and be awake durring the day. But more than that, I want to be with my family. Why dont I feel like I'm ever with them?..........

work is work.

1 comment:

  1. As much as graveyard might help the going to school thing, it can be very hard on the family, you're right about that. I don't know how you do it. You're a CNA, right? Or something like that? That's a hard workload! I do know that switching back and forth is bad for your body.. that might be what is causing the problem. I mean as in staying up all night and then trying to get back in the groove on your days off. The best thing to do is still stay up at night so you can be on one set schedule, and then maybe it'll be a bit easier. Also, I take caffeine pills. Healthier then soda, and while personally I love coffee, I know people don't drink it. Try it, it works.. pop one, you're awake about 5 hours, enough to play with your kids. I work a graveyard shift too, just not all night.. yet. :D

    Thanks for the comments too. I would never delete you, you're not one of my "high school friends" that I was talking about. We were great friends in school. I was talking about the people who wouldn't talk to me, wouldn't include me, but I somehow HAVE to be on their friend list.. and yet once I am, we still don't talk to each other. It's annoying. Your blog is interesting too, even if you don't write quite as much as I do, LOL!

    Also, I'm only letting a few people know this, but just in case you would like to read, I have a "diet" blog too.. keeping track of my food and exercise and thoughts, frustrations etc on my struggle to lose this weight.. it's http://wishfulsinger-diet.blogspot.com. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete